Here’s Why the Media DOESN’T Stand Up to Big Pharma Greed as Drug Prices Skyrocket in US
In an Op-Ed published in The LA Times, Vermont Senator and former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, penned:
“One out of five Americans age 19 to 64 cannot afford their prescriptions. Hundreds of thousands of seniors cut their pills in half to stretch one month’s prescription into two. Meanwhile, the five largest drug companies made more than $50 billion in profits last year.
“The top 10 CEOs in the industry received a total of more than $327 million in compensation. They [Big Pharma] currently have 1,266 lobbyists on their payrolls in Washington, D.C., and 118 fighting for their priorities in Sacramento. They’ve made hundreds of millions in campaign contributions to politicians.”
Though rising prescription drug prices is a major health crisis nationwide, corporate media largely ignored the issue important to millions of Americans.
Latest News from Ring Of Fire Radio/Drug Safety News
- Death Toll From Recalled Eye Drops Reaches 4by Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm May 25, 2023
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an update announcing two additional deaths associated with bacteria-contaminated eyedrops.
- Pensacola Family Sues Residential Center for Wrongful Death of Their Mentally Incapacitated Brotherby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm May 19, 2023
It was 1956, and Jerome Sanders was a mere 10 months old when the fever from a case of jaundice affected his brain. The care he required ultimately meant he […]
- Lake County, Ill. Sues Insulin Manufacturers and PBMs for Insulin Pricing Schemeby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm May 13, 2023
Levin Papantonio Rafferty (LPR) law firm has filed a lawsuit on behalf of Lake County, Illinois, alleging that drug manufacturers and pharmacy benefit […]
- Court Allows Expert Testimony in First AFFF Bellwether Trial Against 3Mby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm May 12, 2023
Levin Papantonio Rafferty (LPR) law firm announces that the U.S.
- Escambia County School District Hosts Special Workshop to Explore Social Media Litigationby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm May 1, 2023
Tech companies have unleashed a dragon disguised as social media. It’s destroying the mental health of our youth with addictions and other injuries, and […]
- Understanding the Causes of Parkinson’s Diseaseby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm April 22, 2023
A study published in NPJ Parkinson’s Disease (December 15, 2022 issue) rocked the medical community with shocking news about Parkinson’s Disease. According […]
- "Be Prepared" Speaking Series: Protect Yourself for When Life Takes a Turnby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm April 21, 2023
Attorneys at the Levin Papantonio Rafferty (LPR) law firm will launch the "Be Prepared" Speaking Series on April 29, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Cobb […]
- Breast Cancer Survivor Develops Cancer From Implants She Got After Her Mastectomyby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm April 3, 2023
After being diagnosed with breast cancer in her mid-40s and undergoing a mastectomy, Caroline made the decision to undergo breast reconstruction surgery.
- FDA Sends Letter Calling for Improved Baby Formula Practicesby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm March 21, 2023
In early March, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a letter to members of the infant formula supply chain.
- Finally, EPA Aims to Make Drinking Water Safeby Levin Papantio Rafferty Law Firm March 15, 2023
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed the first national drinking water standard for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) on Tuesday, and the […]