Five Fool-proof Ways to Make a Workout Fly By
Do you wish that workouts didn’t seem to last forever? You have a lot of company.
Believe it or not, research actually shows that people enjoy exercise more than they think they will. There are many physical and mental reasons to exercise on a regular basis, so why not make the experience as enjoyable as possible
Here are eight tatics to make any workout seem as quick and painless as possible.
1) Grab a friend: Life is full of great solo activities, but exercise isn’t always one of them. Working out with a friend isn’t just a fun way to squeeze in some face time; it provides extra accountability along with an added push to go that extra mile.
2) Crank the tunes: Save the silence for meditation class. Workouts are meant to be energetic! Create a perfect play list (or let an app do it for you) and then pump up the volume to get better results and have more fun doing it.
3) Shorten it up: Want to really make a workout go by quickly? Cut it in half! Short and intense workouts can be super effective for building strength and endurance. Thirty minutes of purposeful exercise (that’s right, less chit chat) will produce great results without all the lag time.
4) Play along: What if exercise was actually a game that awarded points and access to new levels for hard work? Drum role… Enter: exergaming, dynamic video games that require players to move their bodies as part of the game-play. This type of exercise can seem more enticing to some than traditional workouts, and can burn considerable calories per sweat session.
5) Lose the dread: Don’t feel pressure to kick things off with your most dreaded exercises. At the same time, saving the toughest exercise for the very last isn’t exactly motivation to make it to the end. Sandwich the really tough exercises with something more enjoyable and the whole workout will seem much more enjoyable
The Fit Happens 30 second Tip of the Week:
This week get outside. Exercising in the great outdoors not only relieves more stress than indoor exercise, it also offers quite a view. Take in the surrounding scenes as a source of inspiration!
I’m Joanie Greggains…until next week, make FIT HAPPEN!